Here’s a Friday morning update on bracketology following this week’s first four days of games. We’ll have another post up following this weekend’s games, which are terrific by the way. Syracuse at Virginia is probably the highlight of the weekend. But there are some other great games in both the Big 12 and the American as well.
Big 12 matchups include Kansas/Oklahoma State, Iowa State/Kansas State, and Texas/Oklahoma. And in the American, four of those top five teams in the league are facing off, with Louisville traveling to Memphis and UConn hosting Cincinnati. The premiere A-10 matchup is also Saturday, with Saint Louis making the trip to face VCU. And Creighton has a tough test at Xavier. Those are eight matchups that I can get behind on Saturday, as should you.
But before then, there’s a bracket projection to consider. The link to the bracket immediately follows this paragraph. The seed list from 1 to 68 is below, along with Last 4 IN, First 4 OUT, and Next 4 OUT. Bids by conference is further down the page as well.
Bracketology – February 28, 2014 (CLICK HERE)
- 1 – Arizona, Syracuse, Florida, Wichita State
- 2 – Kansas, Creighton, Villanova, Wisconsin
- 3 – Duke, Michigan State, Iowa State, Michigan
- 4 – Virginia, San Diego State, Cincinnati, Louisville
- 5 – St. Louis, North Carolina, Ohio State, Texas
- 6 – UConn, Kentucky, UCLA, Oklahoma
- 7 – New Mexico, Iowa, UMass, VCU
- 8 – SMU, Kansas State, Memphis, Arizona State
- 9 – Stanford, George Washington, Pittsburgh, Xavier
- 10 – Gonzaga, St. Joseph’s, Colorado, Baylor
- 11 – California, Oklahoma State, BYU, Minnesota
- 12 – Providence, Arkansas, Green Bay, Harvard, North Dakota State
- 13 – Stephen F. Austin, Toledo, LA Tech, Iona
- 14 – Delaware, Belmont, New Mexico State, Mercer
- 15 – UC-Santa Barbara, Georgia State, North Carolina Central, Boston University
- 16 – Vermont, Davidson, Weber State, Robert Morris, VMI, Alabama State
- Last 4 IN: (more…)